Tuesday 21 February 2012

My New Obsession...

Whilst being a lazy moo the other evening and skim-reading Google Reader my eyes honed in on this little beauty....


Erm, hello. Will you look at those colours?! And that bag.... oh my, that bag. I wanted that bag. I had my credit card in my hand, I wanted it that badly. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I realised that if I wanted it.... I was going to have to make it. I've never done any kind of needlepoint or embroidery, really, but, having stared at it, imagined it in my hands and then imagined being asked in the street where I got it..... I convinced myself I could do it. And, for probably the first time in my life, something I'm making actually looks like the tutorial I'm following. This does NOT happen very often. I'm much more arty and capable in my head than I ever am in practice. I love it. I can't believe I've never done it before. It's so relaxing!


The tutorial can be  found over at Craftzine and was designed by the wonderful Danielle Thompson over at Thompson Family Life which is one of my most favourite kitschy, vintage blogs ever. Danielle is one of those people that make you want to redecorate every time she posts a new photo containing new, gorgeous colours that you'd never have put together. I'm kind of in awe of her actually. And eternally grateful for the introduction to my new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment